Saturday, January 17, 2015

Simple Beauty

As I think of what to write about our life, it keeps rolling through my mind that any one topic of singular focus could become droll. My personality is such that when I'm excited about something going on in my life, I can become incessant with it in conversation. Part of maturing is noticing weaknesses and working to be and do differently, even in something as simple as what to write about in a blog. 

These thoughts occurred to me as I was working around the house. You see, it is not uncommon for me to think of something I want to share and find myself working through it while I do chores. Literally, every day this week, I've written a new post in my head that never made it to the page. 

Today, I considered what fills my life. It is a very simple life. 

God 
Husband
Baby
Extended Family
Friends
Housewife-ing
Church
Crossfit
Cooking
Trying to establish a regular habit of reading (Reading is not my favorite. :)
Travel
Trying to establish healthier eating habits (Eating is my favorite ;)

My work (very, very part-time) with Matt has been on hold indefinitely, unfortunately. 
Time with Collin has been considerably reduced since I had Maddy as well. 

Going forward, my hope is that I will not weigh in too heavily on any particular topic. Maddy may appear more often than other topics simply for the fact that she is growing and changing SO quickly. (Matt and I were talking about a few of her "new things" today because it seems that every day brings one or more of them. We can't keep up!)

There was a time when I was younger that I would have had a hard time believing I'd find so much beauty in such a simple life. Nevertheless, my life is simply beautiful. Thank you, Lord! 


No comments:

Post a Comment